Sony TTS 8000 w Sony PUA 1600L

Does anyone have experience with this table? Arm? Would it be in the same league as the Technics Sp10 Mk II? I know its fairly rare, but is it desireable?
Thanks for your responses.
rloggie

Showing 1 response by radicalsteve

I have the Victor TT101 in a Japanese heavy lead plinth with soft rubber feet similar to the TB-2000 - works great, total isolation from vibration. I also got the PUA 1600L at the same time and I use that as well on an SP-10 and a Micro-Seiki RX-5000. Great arm, simple to set up and use. Seems to work best with mid compliance carts, not in the same league though as my Audiocraft AC-4400. For the money it is a great buy, and I understand the audiophiles in Europe are just beginning to recognize the stellar performance of this vintage arm. I would rate it on a par with the FR 64Fx silver and a tad below the Triplanar. I have not rewired it yet and that would be an upgrade to enhance performance I suspect. I also like the Yamamoto wood headshell in preference to the Sony as it smooths out the cartridges. I like my Sony XL-55 Pro II with the 1600L and of course this is a fixed headshell cart. On the other hand I struggle to get my Technics EPC 205C Mk 3 to work well in this arm, so I conclude that a low compliance cart will not be as good.

I would like to try the PUA-9 versus the 1600 as the PUA-7 I have on my Sony PSX-70 is a very nice arm, albeit wired in semi auto mode. Don't see PUA-9's come up for sale though, unless on a big Sony deck. Still lusing after a PS-X9!

Hope that helps

Steve