Sony STR-DE305 Amp

Hello,

I found old speakers while I was moving to new flat in my apartmant storage. SONY SS-D902AV, my father's oldies... I don't want to just sell or throw them, I want to use them in my room and it is like 20-25 square meter. I found second hand Sony STR-DE305 in good condition and price. I actually just need an advice to buy. I am also curious about the difference between STR-AVR amps. Is it correct if I say STR is a Stereo Transmitter Reciever for stereo music from any source and AVR is an Audio Video Reciever for Home Theater (5.1 or 7.1..) to watch movies or any visual audio stuff..

Any ideas, appreciated !
Niko.
nihat
If you have two speakers, you dont need a HT receiver (5 or 7 speakers). Stereo receivers will sound better. I would look for a Yamaha, or NAD, or Cambridge Audio or Adcom. A good used integrated amp from one of these would work very well.

Matt M
The Sony STR-DE305 is a two-channel receiver and will work well. It also has a phono stage if you wish to add a turntable. If you don't plan on using FM/AM then an integrated amp would be a better choice (Sony, Pioneer, Marantz, Yamaha, NAD ...).
More to discover