Sony SACD 5400 ES: how to get it in standby ?

I would like to leave this unit in standby rather than switch the unit off every time I have finished paying a CD.
However, if I follow the instructions and push the on/off button the display blinks "Standby" a few times but the unit then makes a click and appears to have switched off. Is this a fault or do I need to do something else??
rrm

Showing 2 responses by rsfphil

As far as I can tell the only way to completely turn off the unit is to pull the plug. The on/off button on the remote and the player puts the unit in standby. It doesn't matter how long you hold the button down the unit will click into standby.
Metralla. I've tried it both ways. Held the power button down for a split second and held the power button down for a few seconds and I got exactly the same results. The standby message flashes for a few seconds and then the unit clicks off. Is it clicking into standby or is it turning completely off? This is with the remote and with the unit itself. I read the instructions and I can't find where it says to hold the button down for a few seconds to turn it completely off. Granted the instructions are unclear. This is from the instruction manual.
Power Switch
"Turns the power to the player on or off.
To let the player enter power-saving mode (standby mode), press power on the remote or the player"
It doesn't mention how to turn the power completely off.
My guess is that the unit is always in standby.