Sony PS-X9

I'm close to making a purchase of mentioned TT.  Price is right at $13K.  Price wise, could I buy a better TT ??

Thanks in advance, 

Jose
jg2077
You likely would have been fine 
The tt I purchased from Japan and is in transit now went by Japan EMS, whatever that is in reality .
However I understand your trepidation.
The Basis 2500 and the Platine Verdier, while they are both worthy modern-ish belt drive turntables, are not in the spirit of what we have been talking about, at all.  I don't exactly know what just transpired regarding a turntable for sale on Yahoo Japan, but I would advise that if it's from a dealer in Japan, you need not worry about packing, shipping, or excessive shipping costs.  In any case, the opportunity seems to have gone by the boards.  If I were interested in a PS-X9, my interest would not be sated by a Platine Verdier.  DP100, maybe. And as a collector's item, the Verdier is probably just an OK stable value, if you are thinking of buying or have bought used.
The biggest contradiction wanting to make an example is that the same turntable sold on ebay has shipping costs of $ 250 or is offered free shipping while on Yahoo could easily cost over $ 1300 for shipping.

I wonder how much sakè the Yahoo staff drinks every day, for me they are completely drunk unaware of how business works in the rest of the world.

Within exchanged emails (5) with "aledo", I was constantly reminded of size/weight restrictions...thus my apprehension.  I  didn't want to pay for something and no way of getting it home.  The other stated issue, were the shipping charges.

I bought the Basis locally.  It is an upgraded 2500 with a micro Benz cart.   When said and done,  I will place it in my 2nd system.   The Verdier seams like a cool table.  Thinking of purchasing as to hear/play with it.  I  was rushing a purchase(ps x9), and came very close to paying $13K.  I will wait for a classic to come available at a good price. 

Jose