Sony PS-X9

I'm close to making a purchase of mentioned TT.  Price is right at $13K.  Price wise, could I buy a better TT ??

Thanks in advance, 

Jose
jg2077
Lewm

Could not find out too much info from the web, seems it is a pretty rare bird indeed, Japanese market only.

Couple of threads on Audiokarma too where people are discussing buying one but never found any instance of anybody actually doing so. One instance of one guy buying one from Japan but posts ended before we learned if he ever finished restoring it .

Got this

https://vintage-turntable.com/kenwood-kp-07.html

Presumably the one that you are thinking of purchasing would come to you in absolute tiptop working order. I should hope so, at that price. I say this because you might keep in mind that you can still buy many well recognized high end Japanese vintage direct drive turntables for no more than $1000. In this case, of course, you are getting a plinth and a tonearm in the bargain. That certainly is added value.I am thinking in particular of a Denon DP80 or DP 75.
Think that should say "cheaper" not cheap … lol
$600 in 1988 was still not chump change.
Granted the L-07D was considerably more dollars and rightfully so.
Ok I am done hijacking this thread with that question, thank you to those who replied and back onto the original $14000 question!