Sony HAP-Z1ES + MacBookPro

Love my HAP-Z1ES.  Used it to feed analog into my pre-amp; now using its digital USB output to feed my Devialet 200.  Truly happy with it.
Alas: this week, with my latest MacBookPro software upgrade (MacOS 11.3.1, an update to Big Sur) I can no longer transfer files (using the HAP Music Transfer app) from the laptop to the Sony.  I get error messages, either "Some files are failed in transferring. Please check the transferred file list." or "Transfer cannot start because the device has not been ready for it."  (I've never gotten either of these before.) 

I pinged Sony via Twitter but don't really expect an answer.

Everything else (playing existing files; using the HAP app on my phone as a remote) works fine.

Thanks in advance for any Audiogoner who has advice, diagnostics, workaround.
Ag insider logo xs@2xhrodman
I had this problem and found that if you got the IP/Mac address thingy of the Sony then you could do the "connect to server" from Finder in Mac and then I could drag and drop no problem. This was about a year ago, but I believe it was related to when Apple OS switched to 64 bit (and it killed my Harmony Universal Remote App on my Mac as well)

Anyway - you might be a different problem with a more recent OS update, but just wanted to share that.
hrodman
Thanks for passing the tip along.  It works!  I mindlessly updated to Big Sur & I had Catalina flashbacks of a couple of years ago when I tried transferring files this afternoon.
Sony does what Sony does.  Produces a great product but let it die on the vine after a few years. 

Thanks again! 
@babyseaotter99 - Logitech discontinued the Harmony Mac App and went to a web version only. Apple didn’t breaks the Harmony app. Also, Apple’s 64-bit kernel was introduced in 10.6, and the 32-bit kernel was removed in 10.8.
Fantastic....thanks alot.  Works 100%.  I'm transferring via wifi which is not blazing fast anyway but i haven't noticed that its any slower than previously.  Cheers !!!!!
@sfseay
There is a web app for the Harmony Universal Remote?

Not according to Harmony - only an iOS app - if you know where one is please let me know? I would love to use that

Using macOS 10.15 & above (Catalina/Big Sur)?

32-bit software such as MyHarmony and Logitech Harmony Remote legacy software will no longer run on macOS 10.15 & above (Catalina/Big Sur).

If you’re using a hub-based remote, you will need to use the Harmony app on your iOS or Android device. You can also continue to use MyHarmony on a computer running Windows or macOS 10.14 or lower.

If you have a remote that doesn't use a hub, you may download the latest software using the links on this page.

If you're using an older Harmony remote model, such as Harmony One, 880, 900, 1000, or 1100, see: Logitech Remote Software v7.x

If you own Harmony 900, Harmony 1000, or Harmony 1100 and plan to upgrade to macOS 11 Big Sur, there will be a delay in having the legacy software support for those models. We recommend holding off on upgrading to macOS 11 Big Sur if you need to access your remote’s account.

See Harmony and macOS (Catalina/Big Sur) for the latest information.