Sony DVP-S9000ES Availability???

I want to pose an interesting question to anyone who has more knowledge about this player than I seem to have. I know that I am the proud owner of a Pioneer Elite DV-37, and I have owned my DV-37 for almost a year and a half now. I have bought first and foremost, to be a DVD Player. But then, I have hooked it up to my audio system (which is located in a separate room, and is not connected up to the home theater system (which is located in my bedroom)), and that's where it has been ever since. Now that I want to get me a player that has wonderful build quality, has wonderful sound quality, and has SACD playback on top of that. And to me, the Sony DVP-S9000ES fits that bill. I was looking forward to getting one, but then, I have went to my audio dealer today to talk with my sales person (whom I haven't seen in months because his wife was out on disability) about possibly getting one around September or so. And he told me today that the Sony DVP-S9000ES is discontinued. And surely, as much as I want to believe him, surely, that cannot be the case, could it??? Because I haven't heard anything from Sony as far as coming out with a new ES model DVD/CD/SACD Player is concerned. So now, I ask you all. Has Sony REALLY discontinued the DVP-S9000ES DVD/CD/SACD Player??? And if so, do any of you know of a replacement that may be coming out to replace it?? And if so, will it be a two channel model like the DVP-S9000ES???? Or will it be a multi-channel model like their other players as well as their flagship XA-777ES???

Thanks in advance for your replies.

--Charles--
128x128chaskelljr2001

Showing 1 response by tracer