Sony Blue Ray: S5000es vs S2000es

I have the 2000es which is driving me crazy with extremely slow load times and inconsistent performance. The picture and sound are great, when they work. Player seems almost too sensitive to a less than perfect disc.

I'm wondering if these problems were fixed with the next-generation 5000es or whether there is better performance to be found with another brand/player. The PS3 is not a consideration.

Thanks for your assistance.
fplanner2000

Showing 2 responses by mribob

I have the S5000es; and I find it to work very well; I am using 5.1 analog out; and having the BD process the new codecs; running it into analog input card on Meridian 861. I have played both standard dvd and blue ray; it's load and start times are very good; and I've had no problems with difficult to play...
Unfortunately; most of the bd discs I've used are only 5.1 dolby digital; few have new codes on them; not sure I've heard big benefit of improved sound; but picture is exquisite. Lot's of options in this price point; the sony is a bit steaply priced.
Dear Fplanner: I timed my 5000es when I loaded a disc; from opening tray to having disc loaded and images on TV was less than 20 seconds...I do have it set up in 'active mode' not standby which reduces the load time; but uses a bit more electricity; not too Green for me...
Hope that answers your question.