Sony 9000es or Musical Fidelity A3 CDP.

Has anyone had the opportunity to listen to the sony 9000es in comparison to musical fidelity a3 cdp.Iam trying to get the best possible sound within that price and if possible not adding another component to my equiptment rack.My system consist of Aerial model 8 speakers,Classe amp Model 700s,Sonic Frontiers Line Stage Model SFL,Cables are FMS Wave and Cardis Cross.For theater iam using a NAD receiver Model T751.Thanks for any input.
brian27b

Showing 1 response by tireguy

I agree that the sony is the winner if you don't intendid on using it for analog out on use of redbook cd's. If you plan on using it as a tranport for redbook/dvd(digital output) and analog SACD output it will do super. I found the DAC-in the sony- to be pretty lifeless and dull sounding on redbook recordings, very uninvolving and compressed. But with a good DAC it will bring new life to an other wise great player, there is probably some truth to Natalie's comment, digital has improved exponentially since its introduction, cheaper players now will outperform premium players of yesterday. I found that my old Rega planet sounded better then the sony 9000es, though I don't use the DAC in the sony so I don't really notice the problem. Do any of you out there with modwright mods notice improvements with the digital output of there unit? or is it more on the analog level that the improvements really shine?
~Tim