Sony 9000ES mods

Does anyone know of someone who does Audio output stage modification to this DVD player?
kasboot

Showing 1 response by sean

Before sending your gear to anybody, you might want to do some investigating on your own. Before having someone "tear into" something that i owned, i would first want to find out:

1) How long they have been modifying gear professionally ?

2) What is their background in terms of understanding circuitry ?

3) Who taught them what they know ? Other business affiliations ?

4) how they select the specific components or sections of the circuitry to prioritize in terms of modifications ?

5) how they choose what specific brand of products (holco, vishay, roderstein for resistors, black gate, wonder, Axon for caps, etc...) to replace the existing components ?

6) What is their warranty on their work ? After all, their "mods" WILL probably void the manufacturers warranty.

7) If you don't like the results, what are your options ?

8) How many different brands / types of products have they "modified" ?

9) Do they have some type of insurance ? Besides the possibility of them damaging your expensive unit while "tinkering", what would happen if it was stolen, their "shop" caught on fire, had water / flood damage, electrical surges, etc... ???

10) Do you feel confident in their skills / knowledge after talking to them ?

I think you get the idea. Cover your "assets" BEFORE shipping or finding out the hard way. It takes NO talent, skill or knowledge to be a "parts swapper". Anyone can remove "generic" Part A and replace it with "brand name" Part B. To have someone better a design that was already well thought out and executed takes skill, knowledge and experience. I would hate to have the unit that "Joe Modifier" was doing all of his "learning / experimenting" on. Believe me, i see that type of work EVERY day. It is NOT pretty nor cheap to repair. Sean
>