Sony 808ES Integrated

I just picked up a Sony 808ES Integrated and after listening to it I am amazed at the sound that comes out of it. I sold a great integrated the Unico Unison which I loved but really needed more power for some PSB Goldi's I ended up with. I looked at the MAC 6900 and the new NAD integrated but WOW this is as good or better IMHO. I know it's hard to compare given the conditions are different.

With that said I was just curious if anyone else had experience with this integrated. It seems like a real sleeper...I love finding gear that exceeds your expectations and sets the bar for value.
patriot

Showing 1 response by patriot

Kotta/Dweller thanks for writing. Dweller, the 9000ES was another piece of gear that is an unbelievable value, I had one and sold it for the hype of another player that turned out to be a dud. Kotta a friend of mine (he first spoke of the 808) who has been trying to teach me that you don't have to spend alot of money to get great sound always praised the older Yamaha integrateds to, can't remember the model he said was the best. One day I will learn to trust my ears and not the price. Thanks