Sonus Faber vs Focal and maybe even Dynaudio or PSB

Hello,

A favorable tax return is allowing me to upgrade my current B&W 684 2.5 way floor standers. I have a Rogue Audio RP-1 that I would like to keep in the system and eventually upgrade the Rotel class D amp to a more modern class D piece after I choose the speaker. I am also running a single Velodyne Micro-V

I want to support my local dealer because they are pretty good about letting me have demos or brand new stuff in my system. The speakers I can choose from are Focal,PSB, Sonus Fabor and DynAudio. I can probably demo any of these products. But I don’t want to go overboard and request to demo everything as I have a modest budget of $2K. The first product I have lined up for a demo is the Focal Chorus 726.

My sources are vinyl and digital (deezer and some HD files) fed through a Wadia 321. I listen to all types of rock, progressive and some jazz.

I have always been fairly satisfied with the B&W characteristics so I don’t want to have a speaker that is to bright or not natural sounding or has to much bass. I just want a well balanced product.

Any light that can be shed my direction is appreciated.

128x128jbuhl
I’m not very sure about the Ariel.

The way you can tell is when Crutchfield or Music Direct start carrying them at 45% off. Focal starts out selling at full price to retailers, and as the marketing novelty wears off and they need to close out their inventory the turn to on-line merchants.

Monitor Audio follows the same pattern.

I used to be blessed with a local retailer who would do the same, so I could buy locally and still get excellent bargains at the right time. :)

Best,

E
I have moved up to considering the Arial 926. Is this speaker also "old" in the Focal line
The Aria line is much more recent being introduced around 2014 and is still current.  It sits right in the middle of their different ranges for HiFi speakers.  Here is a link from Focals website...
https://www.focal.com/en/home-audio/high-fidelity-speakers#aria-900
It's easy to compare one brand to another, but when you take in consideration several more brands it makes IMO the task impossible. Choosing btw B&W and Focals I'd go for Focals for greater bass which is really important for the listener of rock. SF is really great for chamber music.
Vad,  Tell me about it.  I think I am focusing on Focal.  Problem is the budget handle seems to be coming off and things are spinning out of control.  I am now considering the  Electra 1008 Be. Help me.