Sonus Faber Stradivari amp: X600.5 or X1000.5 ?

Hello,

I want to know which power amp is better for my new speakers (Sonus Faber Stradivari) combined with ARC REF3. Ive just listened a few days ago the X350.5 and i loved it so much. Right now i have a pair of MC-501 but i'm a little dissapointed of them when i try to listen to some complex music like rock and others. Is X1000.5 a good choice for it or X600.5? The X1000.5 have 2000 wats in 4ohms?
Anyone listened to both of them. Let me know.

Thanks.
johnb30

Showing 1 response by jr_w

Don't get so hung up on "watt" ratings. I've read where XA60.5s were compared to X250.5s...and were preferred.

How can that be? A lowly "60 WPC" class A amp slugging it out with a "250 WPC" class A/B and coming out on top?

It's telling that XA100.5s can be had for about the same money as the X600.5s.

The XA.5 amps are just in a different league.

And I own X260.5 monos and XA60.5 monos. I run the XA60.5s daily. I really like the X260.5s, but they don't outpace the XA60.5s, and I like the sound of the XA.5s better.

Think on that: I'm not sure how much "Class A" watts the X260.5s are supposed to deliver, but the "little" XA60.5s are more than a match, even at high volume levels.

If I had the funds, I'd have all XA.5s. Whatever the class A rating of the X.5, I wouldn't care. A "smaller" rated XA.5 will more than compensate. I'd really like to compare a pair of X600.5s and a pair of XA160.5s...I know where my money would be.

Also, the XA and XA.5 amps are different machines. Try not to get highjacked by any comments about XA amps and their relative performance.