Sonus Faber peeling leather

Hi
I recently bought a pair of SF Lilium, BNIB, and upon unpacking, found that the leather had started to peel. The dealer took them back. The dealer is having it re- wrapped but I was wondering if anyone has done this properly (not just sticking another layer over it) or does it have to go back to the factory to be done properly?
Thanks
J
128x128jared_lee
Thx for the inputs and suggestions. I did not pay full retail but it was sold to me as BNIB and it was uncrated in my home.  Dealer has taken back the speakers, but gave me the option to still purchase it after refurbishment, but with no further reductions in price (since it was sold below full retail).  
As the leather has no impact upon sound reproduction, and if SF is refurbing them, why not buy them back?-especially if you got a good price.
Bob
Hi Bob
I guess it will be down to how good the refurbishment job is. I haven't seen it yet but will have a look this week. Its done locally, not by SF.

Regards
J
Looking at the pics that you posted, it looks like the cause of the damage to the leather was either shipping, or vandalism. Doesn't look to me to be a factory defect.