Sonus Faber peeling leather

Hi
I recently bought a pair of SF Lilium, BNIB, and upon unpacking, found that the leather had started to peel. The dealer took them back. The dealer is having it re- wrapped but I was wondering if anyone has done this properly (not just sticking another layer over it) or does it have to go back to the factory to be done properly?
Thanks
J
128x128jared_lee
$65k M.S.R.P.

I wouldn't accept nothing less than a NEW pair that the dealer has to order.

Unless they were thinking of a hack glue job,I doubt there is a place in the U.S that could do such a repair. I would think the speaker would be disassembled for a new skin.

@OP,
That is a sad way to be introduced to a new speaker.
I think the advice tablejockey gave is appropriate.
If Sonus Faber is reluctant, I would get my money back.
Bob
Never had peeling leather and I had Cremona auditor, Stradivari, and now Olympica 3.

Im not ok with a refurbished speaker or fixed speaker.  If it were like a year old then fine.
The only way that would happen is that somewhere along the line the speaker was exposed to too much heat causing the adhesive to liquefy.
It can be fixed rather easily but what damage was done to the rest of the speaker. No way of knowing. For that much money they can give you a new pair and fire sale the damaged ones. They have insurance. The dealers hate to do this because it is a pain in the A--. New speakers delaminating?? Tell your credit card company to get the money back if they do not give you a new pair. Defective merchandise. Do not back off!!