Sonus Faber GP + cj 2250

Is CJ2250A enough to drive the GP , or do I need more juice. From what I ready before, people have said atleast 200W is needed but that depends on the amplifier. Has any one tried using CJ2250 with the Sonus Faber GP.

Thank you,
whatever123

Showing 4 responses by the_kid

It is more than enough power to drive the Sonus Faber GP's and should sound nice. My Cary SLI-80 drives my GP's with ease in the 40WPC mode. I listen to Rock at moderate to moderately loud volumes in a medium sized listening room.. The CJ signature sound with the Sounus should be nice. Don't get hung up on the WPC channel game. By an amplifier that sounds good to you. Good luck..

Chris
Ven,

You are welcome and the CJ is certainly a nice amplifier. I can tell you that the following amplification works with the Sonus Fabers as I have owned 3 Pair now with multiple set ups. Electrocompaniet, Creek, Cary, and Unison Research. (These are all integrateds) I think the Mac would sound nice but I would personally stay away from the Krell stuff. They just don't sound "right" to me. Good luck!

Chris
Which Grand Pianos do you have or are you looking at? They all vary and we can be discussing different speakers.

Grand Pianos (Original)87dB/8ohm
Grand Pianos (HOME)90dB/6ohm
Grand Pianos (DOMUS)90dB/4ohm

Chris
Okay, then I would definately try both amps as they are not a difficult speaker to drive. The new Domus would be a little more challenging as the 4ohm load. Take a look at my system, I own them and my Cary drives them with ease. Not to mention they sound incredible.

I will also let you in a on a little secret that took me purchasing numerous amplifiers to learn. Smaller amplifiers actually SOUND BETTER..

Some of the worst systems I have heard had MONDO amplication by some of the bigger names in audio. I owned a CJ MF-80 for a short stint with a PV-10 Pre-Amp and it was truly musical and would drive every speaker I threw at it. 80 WATTS GOES A LONG WAY..

Good luck...

Chris