Sonus Faber Extremas ?

For owners or anyone who's heard them, what are some good choices for amplification?

Thanks all
wrj_togs
I guess I'm in the minority here about the looks. The woodwork was indeed exquisite, but I never liked the big, almost yawning look of the woofer from the front. An amazingly good speaker, though, when properly driven.
The Townshend super tweeters(really SUPER,btw)hook up with it's own cable,to the speaker binding post,or amp posts.Really easy!The thing I like about these is that it sits "low" on top of the speaker,and is very close to the original(somewhat rolled off)tweeter.This allows a great blend.The Townshends are,also,"tiny" and do not take away from the overall gorgeous look of the Extremas.Some of the other super tweets are set higher in their enclosure,and may not blend as well as the fabulous Townshends.
Best!
These are the speakers I compare all others to. I've never owned a pair but have heard them on several occasions and the impression has stuck with me for many years. In my opinion, they are fantastic. The only caveat is that they are hard to drive and need a big room.
I heard them once at a dealer and it was one of those unforgetable audio experiences. Playing Sonny Rollins Way Out West, they sounded spooky. A bit dark overall and less detailed compared to some more popular high-end speakers but man did they sing. A speaker that I have considered many times, but never purchased, mainly because it would require a change of amps.
If a pair ever pops up for sale in the US I'll have to consider them. The amplification issue makes it a tough choice. Plus, Sumiko's policy with respect to service is not a friendly one IMHO.

I'm certainly not married to low powered tube amps, but still the cooler sounding monster ss aren't really for me either. I've had many amps over the years, but have settled on a great pair of Aleph 2s.

Threads like this is why I appreciate being an Audiogon member.