Sonus Faber EA II

Hi Folks-

I have a pair of SF Electa Amator II that I bought new about 12 or 13 years ago.  I have read here and elsewhere that the original EA's (not the II's that I have) had a better Dynaudio Esotar tweeter than the (I think) ScanSpeak that came with mine.

Question:  can I easily replace my tweeters with the Esotar?  I'd like to experience the difference, if I am to believe lots of discussions around this topic. 

Anyone who's ever owned the EA's or EA II's know or have experience with the difference in these tweeters?

Reason I am interested is because while I love these speakers (size, looks, mid's, especially on female voices; and I matched these with a REL sub for the missing lows), I wish the highs didn't roll off as much.

Thanks for listening!

mbiondo
 The crossover in your speakers was designed for the tweeter that is in them, and you can't just change the tweeter unfortunately. 

I had not thought of that.  Thank you. 

I can imagine that a better tweeter may not mean better sound, if both drivers were designed and integrated to go with each other.  I suppose I could end up with an overly bright sound.

Anyhow, thanks for your feedback. 

I probably should have asked what speaker in the 5k to 10k range be considered a decent upgrade to what I currently have. 

Listen to a lot of Jazz and some classical.  looking for smoother highs on the first, and a bigger sound (not louder, mind you) on the latter.  Not a big room, so probably limited to small full range or good monitors. 

Might be able to find a pair of used extremas but they rarely come up for sale.
If you’re referring to the Scanspeak Revelator tweeter some feel it was better than the Esotar. There’s no consensus favoring either. Unquestionably it is  a matter of how each is implemented, matched with the other speaker drivers,crossover considerations and of course listener taste. Each of these highly regarded tweeters could each individually vary their sound in different brands/models of speakers.
Charles
I had a Revelator tweeter in a pair of Focus Audio speakers, and it was just beautiful soundwise. One of the very best I ever owned.