Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors / Manley Stingray??

Hi,

Im in the process of purchasing a pair of Cremona Auditors. I have Aural Symphonic cables, interconnects, and a Rega CD player. The speakers will be set up in a small room, and listened to at relatively low levels.
The Cremonas seem effecient at 91db. But, they do drop to 4 ohms. Im wondering if the Stingray would be a good system match. Budget is a concern. Has anyone tried them with the Pathos or SF Musica amps? I do prefer an intergrated tube amp, but I am curious about the two amps mentioned above. All feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
tod914

Showing 2 responses by tod914

I had a CAV50 when it first came out. I was not impressed with that unit. The sound seemed compressed and dark. It did have a fair amount of detail it revealed, but the tonal signature was not to my likeing. It's been a while since I heard it, but from what I recall, it did not have good dimensional/soundstage qualities either.
I'll see if I can find a local VAC retailer and give the Avatar a whirl. Thanks guys, for the suggestions.
I'll try to see if I can audition a stingray with the speakers as well, being that is my 1st choice. Wonderfull little amp. Just hopeing it's a good system match. When I first heard the stingray I was quite pleased. We tried a missing link power cord on it. What a notable difference that made. Realy tightened up the bass. I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Hopefully I will find a good match in next couple months.