sonicfrontiers pre-amps reliable or not?

I'm looking to run my system balanced and have thought a bout sonicfrontiers pre-amps.I've heard that,some of their products aren't very reliable,any feedbck on this would be great.
thanks mike
hiendmmoe
I seem to recall from earlier posts that they have had some problems with one of the chips that controls the Line series preamps. I don't think that it was very common. I have been using a Line 1 for about a year and am very happy with it sonicly and have had no reliability problems.
dbear, apparently the initial run of line series had a volume control problem that drove the volume not down, but up to failure. the version i have is corrected...i suggest an email to SF to clarify the fix if there is concern...as stated earlier mine works and sounds wonderfully.
I have had Line One for over three years with no probs. SF builds with premium brand name parts which adds to reliablility.
Has anyone compared the SF pres to the ARC´s? I have auditioned the ARC LS16 but so far I have not had the chance to listen to the SF gear. I have a McCormack DNA-1 dlx/ Maggie 3.6 combo. Your input would be greatly appreciated.