Songs appear in alphabetical order not correct album track order, why?


Let me clarify.
I used to own a Bluesound Vault 2 where I ripped my entire cd collection too and had always made a back up of same on a separate 2tb western digital usb hdd.

When I sold the Vault I kept the backup hard drive and also loaded its entire contents onto my home pc as well.

So here is my quandary.


When I access either the files stored on the pc or direct from the usb hdd on said pc they all appear and play just fine in correct album track order.

However when I access these from my network streamer (Ayre ex8 and/or Aries Mini ) they all appear in alphabetical order instead.

This is both annoying and vexing and for some concept albums cannot work ( The Elder by Kiss, Journey to the center of the earth by Rick Wakeman for example).

What is the cause of this and how can I resolve it?

I am no computer geek so dumbed down solutions please....lol


I have verified via mp3tag editor that all track numbers in the metadata are correct and present.

BTW I have tried two different rendering software with same results, MConnect and Bubble,Up,N,P.

Help and thank you!
6db47fb2 f8db 415d a4f7 49a7b6ed12b0Ag insider logo xs@2xuberwaltz
Post removed 
No settings or options I can see on either streamer or renderer that can change the song order.
I am getting the same problem, but with WAVE64 files. It would be great if anyone can help.

My twist is that albums appear in correct track order with WAV files. It's just WAVE64 that is a problem.

I am using a Laufer Teknik Memory Player and JRiver.
So I did figure out the playback at least on mConnect software.

I did find buried an option for track replay and once I set this for track listing it now plays them all in actual track order.

Could find no such option in Bubbleupnp though.

As I use mconnect vast majority of the time it is sort of a non issue right now.

Thank you!
Here's my update. I switched to Roon and all tracks are in the correct order now. So for my situation, it must have been something about how JRiver was handling my wave64 files that was causing my problem.