When I contacted Stereovox regarding their new cables, I got a response from him.
4 responses Add your response
Chris is really nice and helpful, and he'll talk your ear off when you call him.
As close as I remember, since it was almost two years ago, here's what he told me when I called him about the Stereovox HDXV when it came out:
1. He designed the Illuminati D-60 and Orchid.
2. Kimber either bought into or purchased his Illuminati company.
3. Kimber quit using the connectors that Chris had originally used and he didn't think it sounded as good.
4. He started i2Digital and designed the X60.
5. He started Stereovox and designed the HDXV.
6. He's also connected to the company that makes his XShadow connectors.
The bottom line that Chris told me is this, and it makes sense, the connectors are as important as the rest of the cable. It doesn't matter how good the actual wire and insulator is if the signal doesn't get in to the wire or out from the wire right.
Go to the 6moons review ( http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/stereovox/hdxv.html ), it talks about Chris' history in the review.