Something For The Fuse Guys ...

There are fuses, and then, there are fuses. 

I'm evaluating some prototype fuses that I received in the mail three days ago. 

Over the past few years, I've used fuses from five different manufacturers. The last three were the Red, Black and Blue fuses from Synergistic Research. Each one incrementally improved the sound of my system. My favorite so far was the SR Blue. 

The prototype fuses being evaluated presently raises the SQ beyond all of the others mentioned above. The major improvement to my ears is better tonal accuracy. Instruments and voices are more life-like. The noise is reduced allowing for a more solid 3-D presentation with the musicians more solidly presented on the sound stage. Overall, more information is fleshed out of CDs and LPs. 

The manufacturer, the price and the name of the prototype fuses will come later. I don't have the information thus far. My understanding is, if all works out, the release date is to be mid-October. 

Stay tuned ... 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Geoff, your troll skirt is showing. I enjoy your banter but when to proclaim ignorance on something that's been repeatedly debated and to say anyone said that you said it, when no one did, is just deflecting, using the good 'ol red herring approach.

And for your reasons as to why all fuses don't sound the same, I don't know of anyone who've actually heard them who would disagree. In fact, I've argued those points enough times to be weary of the subject.

All the best,
Nonoise
nonoise, What the heck are you going on about? Now that you mention it I don’t recall you ever making an argument one way or the other. Maybe you can refresh my memory and provide some arguments other than calling names. (I just hope Al doesn’t turn too fast or you might break your nose.)
Geoff, go back to any or all of the fuse threads that I participated in and it should easily jog your memory. And, do you really think I was name calling? Meh.

And your cheap shot with the comment on Al shows you to be having, what, a particularly bad day? That was low, even for you.

All the best,
Nonoise

Just as I thought. No arguments. No, I’m not going to go back and search through fuse threads. If you want to copy and paste your arguments go for it.