Somers Point NJ

I was driving back from AC and I said " I haven't been to Somers Point,NJ in 40 years." We drove through and all the cool places were gone: Tony Mart's [Eddie and the Cruisers movie was filmed there] Bayshores, the Anchorage, and across the way was Dunes till Dawn. All gone. Ocean City was and probably still is a "dry" town. So everyone from OC crossed the bridge into Somers Point and went to these places: meet friends, howl, and dance the night away to some really great cover bands like Mace and the Sky Band. Then at 2am these places closed except the Dunes which opened at 2am till breakfast, we would do the same thing all over again! Sky Band would or could be the house band for both. CC Walker the lead guitarist was such a showman and entertainer. And afterwards, my buddies and I [ minus a few if they were lucky!] then would head over to Point Diner for breakfast. Anyway.....are there any Jerseyites, Philly, NYC people and Delawareans who experienced this unique wonderful time? Apparently, when talking to the locals, the scene died in the late 70s/early 80s. Tony Mart's was torn down and is only memories....but the Point Diner is still there still serving the same food as 40 years ago.
shubertmaniac

Showing 1 response by tom6897

Sounds like a really cool place to have "come of age"!

Lets buy some real estate up there and start are own enclave built around good music, good food, and friendly people. (daydreaming again!)