Some of the biggest audio places carry..

Stores that are ultra high end like Goodwins Audio And Overture Audio and Progressive Audio and many others seem to carry Avalon and Spectral, They seem to prefer it to all the Krells and Levinson and Pass and Conrad-Johnson And Audio Research, which more of these stores also carry. They all of coarse carry MIT. I think that when you get into ultra high end it becomes more a factor of buying as a system. And I think Avalon/Spectral/MIT are some of the best sound money can buy. Anyone agree? Spectral gear is very analytical, but when their hooked to a laid back Avalon, and "smoothed" out by MIT, their the most detailed sound out there
tbonephile
Cornfedboy, enjoy your Avalon junk if it makes you happy. Here's my prediction: one day you'll wake up and sell that junk for 20 cents on the dollar.
tm12 Have you listened to all the MIT cables for you to make such a complete assessment of the product line? Your opinion without DBT is , while entertaining, worthless and irrelevant. You are dismissed.
Avalon recommened NBS Monitor lll's to Robert Harley of the Absolute Sound. See his reveiw, Nbs completely wiped out MIT. FEB?MARCH issue.
mburnstin.I would not insult anyone,s inteligence by making statment,s that I can not back up.I have heard many of the MIT in DBT and its from these DBT that I make the statments I make.They sound no better than some of the Audioquest OPAL,Jps Supperconductor that are in the 300/400 range.Comparing up against Nordst Quattro Fil and MIT Mi-350 REF CVTerminator Tara Labs the one,Wireworld Gold Eclipse III.The Wireworlds are the best of the lot and Nordst ANd MIT are in the bottom with the Opal AND JPS.Bring on your best tell me where you want to meet and lets do this DBT.Sosince your are void of any obvious inteligence i will dismiss you are one who has buyers remorse.I feel sorry when we do these DBT and some guys walk out tail between thier legs with thier big money cable.The only positive is they are then able to sell thier stuff as you can see there is no shortage of the stuff in the classifieds buy a better cable and have money left over even after selling thier overpriced stuff at .25 Cents on the dollar.Enjoy the music.