Soliloquy 6.2i vs VS vr4jr , Zu Druid & Usher 6371

I have the Soliloquy's and have the ' upgrade' bug !
I am not able to sample equipment very easily and am looking to narrow down my choices here .
I am using an Audio Aero Prima integrated amp with a Granite 657 CDP .
While I don't have any real problems with this set-up I would like to improve on it .
My listening room is small at 11ft. X 12ft. thus I listen in the near field , @ 6ft. from the speakers . I do listen to rock music but usually at low volume levels as well as contemporary blues and some female vocalists like Diana Krall. I value good ole toe tapping head bobbing involvement most of all .
The only other speaker that I have any experience with is JM Labs Electra 926. I did not care for them as they did not have any 'heart' and were a little tizzy on the top end .
I would like to know how these choices would compare to my Soliloquys in my situation . Would these be a side ways move or an upgrade ? I realize that each one will have a different sound and would like to know what that difference is .
Any other moves from the Sols, that were an improvemnt, would be welcomed .
Thank you .
saki70

Showing 5 responses by saki70

Thorman ; Thank you . I had considered the Merlins very seriously and have talked to Bobby at length. I don't think that the Merlins are the speaker for my type of music .

Pardales ; I see that you have the jr's. Are you able to compare them to any of these in my list ?
I am holding their trial offer in the back of my mind, it is quite a hassle to do the return thing though . But you are certainly correct about the 'in home' audition being the only way to go ! Thanks.

Any more suggestions ?
Ssglx ; Thanks for the insight. I have tried IC's and a PC for the CDP with good results . I have decent speaker cables and may try your suggestion for a change there . It is not that I am not happy with my current set up but more that I want to make everything better . I recently upgraded my CDP and received excellent results ! Now I am looking for that same result with a speaker upgrade ! How much better can it get ? Wow what a loaded question !!!

Macrojack ; If you have had a different pair of speakers prior to the Druids what would you say was the difference between them ? How has the Druids' 'new design' affected the final outcome of the music ?

Thank you.
Thank you Macrojack and Ton1313 for your comparisons .

Jeffreyds ; please keep me posted , either here, by email or on a new thread. I am really quite interested .

One thing that I have noticed , from reading here on the 'Gon , is that I haven't really heard a bad word about the Zu's . The only dissenting words concern the 'cheerleading', by the actual owners , and maybe the cabinet finish's. Nothing about the sound .

Any one else with a comparison ?
Thank you Rysa4 ;
Were these auditions on the same equipment in the same place ? What type of music did you use ? I too use a tubed CDP and a hybrid integrated amp .