Solid State vs. Tubes - What if Transistors came first?

What do you guys think?

If transistors came first, and then decades later tubes were invented, would we have any tube amps we would call high end?

Wouldn’t they all fail to reach the height of performance and transparency set by transistor amps?

Best,

E

P.S. I love Conrad Johnson. I'm just wondering how  much of our arguments have to do with timing. 
erik_squires
Nothing to do with timing....   back when I was playing in a band - when tubes and transistors were in its transitional stage... we simply knew that tubes simply sounded better for music.
Post removed 
@mckinneymike—I'm curious, who/what/where are these new vacuum tube production facilities? The Noritaki "nutube" thing is just a restricted special purpose curiosity product of virtually no use in hi-end audio, the RCH Labs startup recently died in a bankruptcy auction, and the Western Electric reissue trial is a small, limited, insider-use effort.

The existing public vacuum tube suppliers are all marginal, unmonitored profiteers located in China, Russia, and other obscure ex-Soviet block satellites, and wholly dependent on the guitar amplifier and "tube audiophile" market. There's no other receiving-type vacuum tube usage anywhere in the world, for any purpose.

Where are those "new and modernizing tube manufacturing facilities" that you cite?
vtvmvodtm,

It is puzzling that all that you wrote somehow escapes the reality check among enthusiasts. Again, long live tubes, but on any scale they are virtually non-existent. As a poster, I forgot who it was, noted earlier...it is just plain economy.

Tubes are a niche product with some value for those who like them to the level of idolizing, but so is my manual transmission.