Solid state amp to replace my Audio Research Ref 150 amp

I have owned an Audio Research Ref. 150 for 4 years, but with tube changes and the heat, I'd like to find a solid state amp that would mate well with my Baby Nola speakers, as well as be 100% reliable and have the great sound my AR amp has given me. The AR amp was originally recommended by the Nola designer, Carl Marschiotta. 

My listening tastes primarily range in jazz, classical, roots music, and Americana such as Jason Isbell. I do like to rock the house occasionally, but I greatly value the finesse I get from the AR 150, as well as the solid bass and dimensionally my amp provides in my system.

I don't want to replace my Audio Research preamp and phono preamp, so I am wishing for a solid state power amp that will fulfill my amplifier hopes, work with my other AR pieces an continue to provide me the pleasure my Audio Research amp has given me.

I would like to pay less than $8k on AudiogoN.

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

128x128shaq
shaq, I can't comment on your ARC amp but will say I'm surprised no one suggested the Parasound JC-1s.  Could that be because they have been around so long and thus not the "latest and greatest"?  Well, there is a reason for that longevity.

Different speakers but I replace VTL monos with the JC-1s and liked them better overall.

JC-1's are good, solid amps...i didn't mention them because the ones i listed are better. of course in the very high levels of high end amplifiers, we're talking about subtle differences. however, amps can make more than a subtle difference. case in point; when i had the levinson amp in my music room over at my parent's house, it sounded as if i needed some serious room treatment. i then switched to an fm acoustics 611, and voila, what i thought were room anomalies were at least 85-90 percent gone! its all bout that damping factor, driver conrol, and signal to noise ratio...
@lak
I noticed that you have the Plinius SA-Refrence as well as a few others in the Plinius lineup. I too am a plinius guy and love what they do. I have owned the SA-250 MK lV i currently have a SB-301 MKll there latest A-150 current production 150 wpc class A switchable to A/B.  I am looking at purchasing  a SA-Refrence just to see how it lines up with the rest. Love to hear your thoughts if you still own yours.

Cheers 
A thought and I am sure no one has mentioned this...have you considered a Chord Ultima 6? 

It delivers plenty of power for your needs.  It will still get hot when driven hard but the switching power supply helps keep the temp below 120 degrees most of the time.  There are other amps I have seen mentioned on this list that don't function well till they get to 130 degrees. 

It is within your budget, fully balanced, etc...  The Ultima 5 & 6 are very new but are really sweet.  Chords sound tends to be very refined and a hair analytic.  Perfect for pairing with a tube preamp.  Paired with your other ARC Ref gear, I would think it would give you a really nice sound profile. 

My hunch is the Ultima 6 is going to finally replace my Rogue Hydra after 6 year.  PM if you want to learn more as I am a fully authorized Chord dealer.