Solid State 200 watt amp-Classe/Marsh/McCormack

Looking to buy an amp for either Sonus Faber or B&W speakers. Any thoughts? Thanks.

A
adiorio223e
The choice is up to you. All of the above mentioned lines are excellent. Each will have there own distinct sound. Always listen first if possible. If you are buying used just make sure you can sell the for what you bought them for and all you will lose is shipping. Such is the price of education.
I have a McComack DNA-2DLX running a pair of Dunlavy IV-A's.
I have been very satisfied. It ultimately will depend on what you are looking for. The heart of my system is the McCormack.

Good Luck.
In my opinion the Classe can be quickly dismissed. The Marsh has a very transparent & refined sound, truely an audiophile grade amp. However it doesn't do very well with a low impedance load (4ohms). It will drive a 4 ohm load to moderate levels but beyond that it will clip. On the other hand, the McCormack DNA-1 Deluxe is a power house and will drive virtually any load to high levels, however in its existing state it lacks refinements. If you can find one that has a Rev B or Rev A it will take care of this problem. Interestingly enough if you can get by with a lowered powered McCormack, the standard DNA 0.5 Deluxe is already very transparent and refined without revisions.
Check out the new Classe Delta series. They have a 100w/ch integrated for $4900 that is unbelieveable. This Classe stuff that does everything right! It is significantly more than the previous model.They redisigned it from the ground up.
The Edge M8 is an excellent choice also. The Edge sound is very smooth, controlled and detailed but not rolled off. I have an M8 driving Veritas 2.8's and have had alot of amps through the door, tube and SS and happily settled with the M8.
I second the Edge amp. However, the McCormack DNA 1 deluxe is a real bargain and sounds very tube like in the midrange with a good tube preamp.