Solid core OFC vs stranded OCC copper

Which would you chose and why? Benefits and drawbacks of each? 

Thanks!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

@wolf_garcia ​​​​​​

Which cable (you own) of the ones you mentioned is the best performer sound wise?

Thanks 

The Kimber is my current fave, likely due to the "less loss for longer runs" thing which is why I bought it. Heavier gauge. It's amazing cable for the money.

I'll vote for solid core speaker cables and interconnect cables. I vote for stranded cord power cords. Also solid core digital cable. On my tube gear feeding a pair of Nola ko speakers the solid core cables perform much nicer than stranded core cables. I'm using the Audioquest pure silver cables. 

@blue_collar_audio_guy - after many years of building my own cables, plus conferring with other audiophiles all over the globe that also tried many different configurations of wire types,

Generally,

• a solid wire provides exceptional clarity and details compared to a  stranded wire made from similar grade of metal
    • the impact can be observed in the more expansive image that solid wires achieve. 
  • WRT OFC vs. OCC
    • OFC is far less dyamic than UP-OCC wire regardless of whether either is stranded or solid

Regards - Steve

I bought some more Neotech UP-OCC PTFE 14g to make up some speaker cables for my Spendors. They’re currently running Clear Day Shotgun(?) solid core silver. Look to be 18gauge. Should be interesting.