Solid core OFC vs stranded OCC copper

Which would you chose and why? Benefits and drawbacks of each? 

Thanks!

128x128blue_collar_audio_guy

I recently bought a pair of the newer version Kimber 8PR (with the "Varistrand" solid core thing) speaker cables and they’re very flexible (unlike myself), present 9 AWG to each speaker input, and sound fabulous. I needed a longer run than my AQ or Morrow provided so these were surprisingly inexpensive (under 500 bucks for 13 1/2 feet) and I had to try ’em...amazing for the price. I have AQ Type 8 (great cables) and Rocket 33s (later 4 conductor per leg version) both extremely solid core. Extremely...

"I recognize that it's very difficult to make comparisons where only one factor has been changed"...

Yet it is just that 1 thing that makes the audible difference and the diy thing worth trying in the first place.period.

Sounds to me that the comments are all over the map.  It's clear to me there are variables that the DIY's aren't considering and even some that cable companies aren't considering as well. When I was a consultant I evaluated some very expensive cables and inexpensive ones from various manufacturers.  I came to the conclusion that cables make a difference, the differences have nothing to do with price, and some high end manufacturers either ignore EMI or they don't know how to shield their cable from it.  You guys have the right idea here: buy it, listen to it, and take it back if you don't feel the improvement is worth the $ or if it's worse than what you had originally.  

@wolf_garcia ​​​​​​

Which cable (you own) of the ones you mentioned is the best performer sound wise?

Thanks 

The Kimber is my current fave, likely due to the "less loss for longer runs" thing which is why I bought it. Heavier gauge. It's amazing cable for the money.