solid core interconnect below 500.00pr.-which one

As most of us that have been in this hobby awhile we accumulate wire.

I am not sure if this next statement is close to right. But I seem to feel that there is a trait of solid core interconnects and braided interconnects. Solid seems to me to always bring focus and depth and braided seems to bring width and slightly diffuses focus. Neither bad or good.

Anyway you might see why I am asking my question but maybe I am starting off on the wrong step. So trying to keep things simple(maybe that is not possible). What I was hoping to get help with is from your experience what solid core interconnects with the traits as I see them do you know of that are not bright but still detailed?

You can look at my system and see what I have. One thing I do not have listed is old Audioquest (the snake models-can't remember which one)solid core interconnects that work great. I would appreciate some newer recommendations of some interconnects under 500.00 a pr. Thank you fellow cable opinionists.
marqmike

Showing 4 responses by marqmike

Phusis
That information is helpful. Gives me some bearing to go off of. And your general description of multi stranded is like my experience in what I think they sound like in comparision. Thank you for your reply.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I appreciate them and I am checking most of them out.

Thanks Devilboy on that heads up. I keep my cables really short, 5m, and my amp is 1v input sensitive with 2v output on my source, and it is 100k ohms so my system is not as picky about cables but still somewhat picky. But that being said I forgot to take that into consideration with interconnects I am looking for. Maybe because my system sounds really good as is.

Thanks again everyone for your input.
Wolf I am glad you mentioned the AQ's looked like bungee thingees. I happened to need some bungee, I have always had plenty of cowbell. So I used them to bungee and *h--- after doing that didn't the *d--- sound improve! It was more of everything I always wanted. See I listen to cords all the time. I put them up to my ear, make them taut and give'em a flick like a bass string, just to get used to the sound, And now I have listened to over 3 dozen of them this is the one that sound like it has more of everything. Trust me on this one.
So right here is a worldwide first. I normally never do this kind of hyperbole. But I can't control myself after this scientific experiment(at least that's what my dog and me agreed to say that it was).I am right here (this will probably make audiogon famous, so I should ask for some sort of compensation, but you know how I am). I am recommending using all cords to do the bungee thingee with.
But please and I cant say this loud enough for many audiophiles, please don't call me if you don't bungee right and have more problems after than you had before. I have noticed that the more expensive cords seem to go lower than others. My science thinks it might be because they are usually bigger. Well my white paper is not finished yet but should be available as a generous contribution to all the music and equipment lovers the world over in about two years. I don't want anybody to take unfair advantage of this technical information, you now how I am.
*h--- = how in the universe did that do that, was it an super intelligent alein super mind over matter power
*d--- = decadent and naturally delicate
On a serious note thank you everyone for all the suggestions. Have fun listening.