Solid copper or stranded copper for speaker cables? What is your choice and why?

I had old copper speaker cable made by Audioquest (don't know the model).  The cable contains only two solid copper wires, one is thicker than the other. As I recalled, Audioquest claimed back then that thicker wire primarily carries lower frequency signal and the thinner wire is responsible for the rest.  I actually have not seen this type of design nowadays, BUT when listening and comparing it with the stranded wire (either 12 or 10 gauge) cable, I found the dynamic range is greater, and the bass is tighter and has more weight.  What do you think?

lanx0003

I get a kick out of the cable types and gauges we use, especially when I read charts in vintage manuals:

McIntosh's Chart for AWG/distances, (lampcord suggested).

pg 5 or 6 here

McIntosh-MC2205-Owners-Manual.pdf

formula: do not exceed 5% resistance of speaker's impedance

examples:

16 awg: 4 ohm: max: 25'; 8 ohm: max 50'

12 awg: 4 ohm: max 60'; 8 ohm: max 120'.

calculator:

https://www.wirebarn.com/Combined-Wire-Gauge-Calculator_ep_42.html

My single run of Cat 8: 8 strands of 22 awg is equal to 13 awg

so I'm using 13 awg for 12' run, 16 0hm speakers.

McIntosh chart says 13 awg is good for 100' 8 ohm; 200' for my 16 ohm speakers!

Milhorn checking your website , I saw you compare your power cable to Zentara power cable , Zentara cables are use at Chasing the Dragon label by Mike Valentin? Your cable must be good to compare them with Zentara cables?

Multistrand (lots of them) JUMPER CABLE Wire. Also nice, flexible, very fine strands: GROUND wire for WELDERS !!!