Soldering Cardas interconnect cables

Hi,

Need some help on soldering the Cardas Cross interconnect cables to the RCA plugs.

After I cut away the rubber shielding, the center core has 4 sets of cables - colored in white, green, blue and black. Just outside this set of 4, there are a few strands (copper) that goes round this set of 4 and then just underneath the external brown rubber there are a larger strand of copper cables.

Do I solder the set of 4 into the inner pin of the RCA and the external strand of copper (just beneath the brown rubber) on to the external shell of the RCA plug?

I did that and the sound through the cable was very soft. Anyone knows whats wrong or am I doing it wrongly?

Thanks for any heads up!!
hlgoh2006

Showing 1 response by hlgoh2006

Geez, that looks like the case. I wrote to Cardas about it and they replied that it would cost $50 per single end....was planning to terminate 2 pairs which would cost $300 (2 of the ends already has Cardas RCA jack. Going to skip it I guess...don't really feel like spending the $300. Probably will list the cables for sale here for the cheap.

Any takers? Cable is the Cardas Cross.

Tks for all the advise!