So sub or not to sub

A simple question:

Is adding a sub to an already-good two -channel system a sellout of sorts? My de Capo monitors are wonderfully kaleidoscopic, yet when I throw my ancient Velodyne CH-8 into the mix, I DO get that lower presence that the monitors just can't deliver.

I feel like I'm cheating, though. Like getting a truck with an automatic transition.

Thoughts on adding a sub?

s
128x128simao

Showing 1 response by bo1972

I tested many Velodyne's for stereo use. To be honnest I did not find them fast enough. The same about the older Rel subwoofers. In the past I sold many rel subwoofers. In the last few years I lend many old customers Monitor Audio subwoofers. They all sols there Rel subwoofer. Because they all went for the much better integration caused of the better response. I would take soem time to test some different subwoofers. And you will hear which one matches best. Room acoustic systems work often good for subwoofers. You get less acoustic problems. Audyssey Pro gives you one of the best integration for subwoofers. Or even the best level in what I call 'stealth' integration. Goodluck!