So Many Choices - PCords for Digital Sources?

I know there are many threads on Power Cords and how to choose them. I am trying to make the best decision on replacing the stock PC's on 3 of my digital sources. They include:

Oppo BDP 83 Blu Ray Player
Arcam DV 139 Multi Player
Benchmark DAC 1

Here are the factors most important to me in the decision:

Cost - Good value for quality on PC ($100-250 range)

Quality - PC will make my equipment better sounding, lower noise floor on digital equipment, quality made

Sound Improvement - PC that will improve the overall sound of my system

Other equipment in my system includes the following:

ATI 3007 7 Channel Amp - 300W
Integra DTC 9.9 Processor
Usher BE 718 Monitors - Front & Rears
Usher BE Center Channel
60" Pioneer Elite Plasma

All plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant Premier Conditioner
Dedicated 20 Amp Circuit for electronics and Video only

Any Suggestions on Power Cords based on my criteria above? My goal is to have a great sounding system at a reasonable price. No $1,000 PC's on a $599 dollar player.

Thanks,

Toddsgear
toddsgear

Showing 1 response by jp1208

Just doing a search on electrical current and how it gets from one place to the other will enlighten you. It does not flow, it is an antenna, it creates a magnetic field, it is hardly stable. Make it flow smoother, make it less of an antenna, create less of the magnetic interference and stablize the best you can. At the speed of light within 6'( even less) it can be done. Our ears are extremely senstive to micro vibrations right? This is how we hear. Singals are no more than electrical current being transformed and amplified. We would want the signal to be traveling at the speed of light but there is a lot in the way. It is pretty congested actually but if you help alleviate some congestion before it becomes a musical signal the better off you are going to be. Also, the results will be accumulative. It doesn't just end with the incoming power either. All electronics are suseptable to interferences including all the wire connected to them. It is the characteristics of all acumulative pulsating electrons that you hear. You may not hear a difference in one power cord swap and it could be due to a lot of different variables such as filtering in the component itself or what I call log jamming of pulsating electrons. The power compamy has one agenda and that is to meet safety codes. The electrician has one agenda as well or should. An audiophiles agenda does not meet the same agenda. That's a problem for our wallets. Don't take this too seriously since it is my percpective of what I have read and tried to understand regarding elctrical current. I do hear differences in power cords and it peaked my intrest is all. Made me more open minded as it started to make a lot of sense. Just like water in a garden hose, there is a lot of friction and turbulence going on. It isn't this easy but...