So I just bought a Hegel H390 and

I am building a new system and I just bought a H-390.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  I want to get new to me speakers to go with it. So if you’ve have or have had a Hegel H-390 or a H-590,  what speakers under $10.000 sounded the best.  And I guess I should probably get some wires also.  Nothing crazy, but not zip cord.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim

yy,

I was starting to think that I might have made a mistake with this pairing, but not any more! The H390 is a bit warmer than the H360 and maybe the Blades weren't broken in.  But either way, the system really has changed for the better in about six weeks.

All the best.

JD

@curiousjim My comment on the 360 and Blades was related to the 360 not being the best in Hegels then lineup and the Blades being near the top of KEF’s lineup.

My understanding is that the new 390 is essentially the same as the top dog 590.

KEF + Hegel are a super combo. A lot of great listening sessions in your future.

My understanding is that the new 390 is essentially the same as the top dog 590.

depends on how one defines ’essentially’ -- useful information on the differences (but bear in mind their findings are using the dac + amp sections of each unit)

hegel dealer here the 390 is not warm it is neutral clean big soundstage ,grat bass and dynamics

pairs magnificently with Dali and legacys and Atc

Dave And Troy

Audio intellect NJ

Hegel Kef,  dali legacyAtc dealers

i would only say, to what troy posted below, that in my experience owning and comparing the 190, 390 and 590 units, that the 390 and 590 played music with a noticeably more refined, and laid back treble response, and with even more command/richness/tightness in the midbass and bass relative to the lesser 190 model (and rost, which i also still have)

this comparison and observation running through the balanced xlr analog inputs of the amps, with outboard dacs (sonnet morpheus and audio note dac 4.1 tube dac)

the 390 is the richest sounding of the three, the 590 had a touch more treble energy and the 190 the most

this perception may be due to how relatively forward/recessed the rest of the frequency range played in relation to the treble, but that was my impression

hegel says publically that they made adjustments/refinements to the preamp section of the higher 390/590 in relation to the lower units in the line (which by the way, are still absolutely excellent)