So I just bought a Hegel H390 and

I am building a new system and I just bought a H-390.  It should arrive by the end of the week.  I want to get new to me speakers to go with it. So if you’ve have or have had a Hegel H-390 or a H-590,  what speakers under $10.000 sounded the best.  And I guess I should probably get some wires also.  Nothing crazy, but not zip cord.

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
the hegel h390 and 590 are voiced a touch warmer than the lower hegel integrateds... different circuitry in the preamp section developed for those higher models shape the tonality a touch

i would agree that most hegels, from the last gen h160 h300 h360 to current gen lower models up to the h190 are very very neutral (and that means no treble emphasis that many if not most other ’good’ solid state class ab amps still have...), but the h390 and h590 were built to offer the listener a bit more ’luxurious sound’ than their junior siblings

many good speakers have been named, i won’t add further to the list... given op prefers to err on the slightly warm side rather than the bright side, i would lean towards harbeth, vandersteen, spendor classic, and lean away from focal, magico, spendor d series, top tier kefs... but given the basic neutrality of the hegels, it may well the source and the room the op uses that dictate where he lands on the warm vs cool spectrum in making the speaker selection

wish the op good luck in auditioning and finding what works for him
Good for you!  I had the H190 which is really a fine sounding piece on its own,  I wanted to get a little more oomph, so I went for the 390  which I received about 2 weeks ago, and it's a piece of magic, for sure.  I'm driving the LS50 Metas for now.  I have other speakers, but I'm more familiar with the KEF, so I'm getting to know the amp.  Can't wait til it's broken in.  It has a sound and dimension like I've never heard from anything I've ever owned before. The last Integrated I had was the Yamaha 2100 which is really a nice piece of electronics, but this piece just smokes it.  I haven't messed with the network stuff yet, so nothing to report there. The 390 may be the last power piece I own. Even tho it was way out of my budget,  once I had the 190, I knew I was on the right track.  Have fun with your new toy!  It's heavy, so watch your back.  Anyway, that's what Wives are for!
I have the Hegel 390 a pair of Legacy Focus
and a pair of M3 Sapphires on order. Did you see the review on YouTube Ron at newrecordday on the Hegel 390 ? Might want to check out the full review.
I have listened to this Hegel amp at my local dealers, playing through many different speakers, and they all sounded great. Note: his listening room was purpose built and treated. I have heard Qln, Dynaudio, Dalis and Wilsons, and they all sounded great. You have a lot of work to do to find out what you like, but part of the joy is in the hunt! If you do not have a local audio store to help you, buy a used reputable brand of speaker that looks good to you and sell them if you don't like them! Good luck.