So Hard to Decide on an Amp

Hey,

So lately I have been thinking about getting an Amp and using my existing Vincent SV-500 Hybrid Integrated as a Pre-Amp.

I have inquired about some amps in other threads but it just seems so hard to decide as to what will have good Synergy with my system.

Wish I could try out all the Amps that I am thinking about but that would be quite difficult.

The one that is at the top of my list (mind you I haven't personally heard any of these, just going on reviews) is the Pass Labs XA25.

But am also considering the Parasound A21+ and A23+, Benchmark AHB2 and Mystere PA21.

All of have received good reviews and comments from folks.

I suppose the Parasound, especially the A21+ would provide the best Base Response but the others would also be quite worthy.

Tomorrow, I have a Technics SL-G700 SACD Player arriving and so I will be playing with that for a little bit to see if I like it (I am pretty confident I will). My current Denon DVD Bluray Player which I was using has been acting up and I decided it was time for an upgrade.

But soon after, I think I want to try an amp. Not that I really need it, the Vincent satisfies but I am just curious to what an Amp can bring to the table in my system.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
without knowing your room and system (speakers and source) and your musical preferences, it is scattershot to provide you with any real recommendations

referring to reviews are fine, but shaping a system that really works well and suits your tastes is altogether a different matter
@jay73 what is the issue with the amp section of your integrated. What improvement are you seeking?

The amps you have listed have really different sonic signatures.