So done with audiophile fuses

The journey started with a medium priced ($50) fuse in my power supply.  A failed rectifier tube blew that one out.  Not a fuse problem.  Next up was a blue fuse in my pre amp.  It blew and was not caused by a pre amp problem.  Apparently they sometimes are more sensitive and it was replaced by an orange fuse two values higher.  Things were going along fine.  I replaced the pre amp with a newer version of the pre amp and it has the same fuse value.  Five months latter (today) I turn on the pre amp and nothing.  it's a five month old pre amp so I suspected that it was the fuse.  Sure enough, I replaced it with a ceramic Littelfuse of the lower correct value it works fine.  No more wasting my money on unstable fuses for me.     
goose
I can read and understand just fine , but thanks for your concern that it might be an issue.
I may give the Hifi fuses another swing.  The only reason it blew was because of a bad rectifier tube in my power supply.  It also took out the original glass fuse.  I will say that it seemed to be more stable than the blue or orange fuse since it was working fine at it's stated value.  Just my experience, others have had better results.

goose
 OP
496 posts
05-09-2021 3:26pm
I may give the Hifi fuses another swing. The only reason it blew was because of a bad rectifier tube in my power supply. It also took out the original glass fuse. I will say that it seemed to be more stable than the blue or orange fuse since it was working fine at it's stated value. Just my experience, others have had better results.
Since the "audiophile fuses" "manufacturers" recommend a higher value...the fuse is supposed to be a safety feature to prevent things like a fire in case of circuit failure...why don't you try a higher value regular fuse and see if you hear any difference? 

I'd like to hear of your experience if there's any grand difference.
Goose ,that should never have happened did you use a few 2 sizes big as you mentioned in a slow blow fuse ? If so then 
Synergistic QC is horrible and not be trusted to use.
did you contact them ? I would call them and ask to speak with a manager or Ted Denny himself . If that was a bigger size slow blow then something is going on ,what model amp ?
Goose, some lessons you just have to learn by yourself. But, it is not just fuses. If $50 is the worst you ever get screwed out of you will be extremely lucky. Treat all of these audiophile "essential" accessories with a jaundice eye. Most of them are scams.