SMSL 98E killed my setup?

So today I got the SMSL SA-98E amp from amazon after waiting for 50 days. I was pretty excited since I could finally test out my new passive speakers. My setup up to then was a scarlet solo and a jds atom amp to drive my HD600s. So I unplugged my headphones, connected the rca outputs from the atom into the rca inputs of the smsl, and hooked the speakers to the smsl. When I tried to play music, the speakers made a high pitched buzzing sound not too different from a sine wave, and there was no hearable trace of the music I was trying to play. I started troubleshooting, rechecking the speaker cables were connected properly etc. I noticed that the buzz became much quieter when I unplugged the rca inputs of the smsl, and upon reconnecting said inputs, the speakers made a very loud sound like when you touch a live guitar cable; I immediately turned the smsl off, but the atom amp and the scarlet solo didn't survive the ordeal. Their lights were off and they showed no sings of life. Since then, my atom amp has turned back on but it outputs an
obnoxious sound like the one that came out of my speakers, even without any input at all, and my scarlet solo hasn't turned back on.
Have I killed my scarlet solo and atom amp? If so, was it something I did wrong with the wiring or can plugging a defective amp kill other components through rca?
Any help appreciated

santiagol
You can connect a preamp into the aux input (or any high-level inputs) of an integrated amp. Just keep the volume control low so you don't overdrive the preamp section of the integrated amp.
@roberjerman I still think it's a bit risky. I could accidentally press the GAIN button on the atom amp and kill everything, so I would rather just get a new amp and be safe.
The SMSL SA 98E is a small class-D stereo power amp with a stereo volume control. 65wpc/8ohms, 80wpc/6ohms. The OP can use it with a pair of speakers. He does not need another power amp! Cost: $114. Made in Ch*na - where else! It does come with an external 32 volt power supply. Weight: 2.8 lbs.
The SMSL does NOT have a preamp stage. Just a passive volume pot and a pair of RCA jacks. So it is essentially a power amp! I recommend that you continue to use it with your speakers. Don't waste money on another power amp! If you get a new Atom (headphone amp?) use it just for phones.
@roberjerman Could I plug a scarlet solo into the SMSL? Or would I need to use a rca/aux adapter from my phone/pc?