Smooth and dark cables?

What lines could help dampen somewhat excessive sibilance in a system of very nice high end components that should be smoother in the upper mids. I have done all the room work that can be accomplished without serious spouse issues. As a very long audiophile I know philosophically cables shouldn't be used for tone controls but in this case it's my only choice. Have been thinking Transparent but would love some experienced suggestions.

Showing 1 response by br3098

Not wanting to start a flame war, but IMO simply cables simply won't make that much of a difference.

If you really want correct for room deficiencies based on actual data and not by guessing, a good room correction product (hardware or software) will provide full spectrum correction based on sampling your existing environment.

I have experience with both Dirac Research's RCS software. They have a new, low cost version for stereo. If you are playing digital files from your computer, this product does an amazing job.

If you are using both analog and digital inputs, need balanced I/O and/or just prefer a hardware device the DSPeaker appliance also works very well. As an added bonus, the device can be used as a DAC and (very) simple preamp, if needed.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming...