SME 309 VDH tonearm cable replacement

Do cables exist with the SME plug that i could fit in the sme base just easily replacing the VDH ??
Is that a good idea to improve the sound of the SME 309 ??
Which type brand ??
I guess I should buy in the shortest version, correct ??
Other subject
I read around of a Disjunction box by sumiko that is supposed to give you a full choice of interconnect cables and that is of help for the turntable floaring freedom.
Opinion ??
thank you
ad010685
The junction box works, but adds more breaks in the signal. Not all rca cables are appropriate for phono signals which are low in voltage. I recently upgraded my sme iv.vi arm cable which was a vdh. I got the graham ic50. Big step up. wow, more detail, depth, silence...

As far as others Cardas, kimber, Hovland and plenty of others are choices. All of these are available with the SME din connectors...
Tks for the reply. In case cannot afford that 800 USD prices, can you indicate pls cable that still will better the VDH but in a lower price range ??
Or shall only allocate such a budget ??

Tks
The cardas and kimbers aren't that high. The Hovland is. You're going to have to spend $200-300+ to better significantly what you have.

Forgot to mention Graham, which is what I'm using now. All of these can be found used occasionally.
As jfrech notes, adding a junction box to the signal path introduces discontinuities that may nullify any benefits from a different cable.

Yes, with the junction box you can play with cables to your heart's content, as you don't need tonearm-DIN connectors, only RCAs. But the subtractive nature of the junction box will always be there — all those cables would sound better without it. It's an "upgrade" that isn't.
I am more than convinced that the connection box will not be heard if you wish to add it, nobody here is 20 years old and fresh ears to notice it.
Otherwise all the cables of the Sme should be replaced obtaining a direct line from the head to the phono preamp without joints. LoL
all the cables of the Sme should be replaced obtaining a direct line from the head to the phono preamp without joints. LoL
Does "Lol" mean you’re joking? I’ll pretend you’re not, because I've rewired 3 arms, in the way you describe, and all 3 were much better for it.

I had a SME 309 and wanted to rewire it straight-through, as you propose. Reason: I had an Ittok before the 309, and my new 309 was so clearly better I retired the Ittok.

I also had a Syrinx PU3, and unlike the Ittok, it was clearly better than the 309. (Using the same cartridges one each, of course). The Syrinx is wired without any breaks: is that why it sounded better?

To test the hypothesis, I rewired the Ittok, directly from cartridge-pins to preamp-RCAs, without a single joint. To my surprise, it now surpassed the 309, and it was more than subtle: it was not confirmation bias.

So logically rewiring the 309 would yield the same benefits. I called SME, and they warned me not to. They didn’t argue arrogantly that it was "perfect" and who was I to question their mastery? No, they just said it was impossible — because a) there’s not enough clearance between the parts to feed the wire through, so I’d have to take it apart; and b) putting it back together could only be done at the factory. It required special tools, and super-fine tolerances. I couldn’t do it myself.

I studied the 309 closely and they were right. I did the Ittok fairly easily, and two other arms — but the 309 would challenge even NASA.

End result: both the Syrinx and rewired Ittok were better, so I sold the 309. I hated to, I loved the look and feel of it, and obviously it’s a very good tonearm — just not as good.

It does have many breaks in the line, and I’m sure it would be better without them, but it was beyond DIY abilities.
@bimasta

Not I was not joking .... a derivation box with all the junctions between shell and arm between arm and din will not clearly affect the degradation.
Straight line is better, but Sme is Sme and dynamometric tightening performed at home are serious things; they are not like the Zeta arm assembled by chance  for example    ;)