SME 20/3 or Oracle Delphi VI or Garrard 301

I am just about to buy a new table. I have happily owned an original oracle Delphi for 30 years! Choices are the new 20/3, Oracle Delphi VI or possibly a rebuilt Garrard 301. They all run about the same money.
The reviews and comments out there lead me to believe I will be better off using a non SME arm on the 20/3...I will probably go with a Graham Phantom. (I like the removable arm tube concept too) For now I will use my SME IV.
keep reading the SME detractors claim that the tables are lifeless. Not something you can accuse a Delphi of for sure. The HiFi News reviews of both tables are nothing short of glowing. As far as I can tell the Oracle is possibly more nimble and musical(?) while the SME is more "solid".
Your thoughts are welcom
mauidj

Showing 3 responses by andromedaaudio

If you really want to know what sounds better , hear for yourself , than decide which model you want.
The days i had much opinion of commercial dealers advice are long gone
If you ever want to visit amsterdam (europe ), you are welcome to make an appointment , i have the 20/3a playing for 5 months or so , and i am a happy camper.
Why dont you read the M fremers reviews(stereophile) on for example the 20/12 and the 30 , a lot of info there, he is not convinced the longer arm is better apart from a threoretical advantidge
I would indeed love to hear the albert porter and dobbins designs .
If i was in the market now i would probably buy the brinkman anance with fidelity research fr 64 fx .
beautiful table second hand on audiomarkt