Small room amp and speakers recommendation

I have an area in allocated in my new house for a listen room that is approximately 7ft x 12ft x 10 ceilings....i know it's small, hut it's all mine away from the kids. I am look for advice/recommendations on an amp and speakers for that area. I want to keep the budget under $5k (the lower the better). I listen to a lot of vinyl and a majority or my preferred music is acoustic with some rock mixed in on occasion. Please let me know what you think and if you have an other questions on my desired set-up.
Thank you
weiky
I'm in the same situation, and I'm strongly consodering studio monitors; for instance Dynaudio LYD7 (or 8) or Focal Shape 65 (or Genelec or any other) who could be placed close to the wall, with a RME DAC as a pre. (The RME ADI-2 DAC Pro fs has analogue inputs) -  it has a 30 band EQ wich could cater for the worst dips in the room (I think).
I think it's easier than bying hi-fi speakers and trying to make them work in such a small space. 

Good luck - and please let us know how it works out for you.

The most important thing, especially at your price point, is the room. And there you may be in luck.

The ratio 1 : 1.56 : 1.87 simulates VERY well at 50 cubic meters. You don't have that - only about half. Still, it's a better bet than anyone has a right to expect.  I suggest reducing that 84" width to 77" with some thin bookshelves, which gives you 77" x 120" x 144".

Caution: a half inch, even a quarter inch, matters here - I just finished a room to 1/8" tolerances, and it's the best room I've ever heard. If you want to know more, PM me.
I’m in the Denver area with a small room. I was looking for speakers under $2k, and especially wanted to audition some.
I have gone to a number of dealers in our area — Crescendo, ListenUp, Soundings, Gold Sound, QAV. Gold Sound was a nice place to visit because they have a lot of new and used stuff; don’t let their retro website fool you. They’re nice and had genuine expertise.

For speakers in my price range, I have ruled out B&W, Focal, GoldenEar, Polk, Dali, Elac. Some of these speakers sounded very good at a higher price point (e.g. Focal, Spendor, Sonus Faber, Vienna Acoustics), but not at $1-2k. What I heard which really impressed me were Dynaudio Evokes (at Crescendo) and the Totem Sky (at QAV). I have not had the chance to listen to KEF LS50, which I hear is great.

I admit that I listened to some more expensive speakers, just in case they popped up used, e.g. at Tmraudio.com, which is a not-to-long a drive away for Denver area folks to drive to save on shipping. They list a number of very good deals on speakers and I’d be willing to drive up to bring some home for an audition. You might surf their site for deals, knowing that you can purchase, audition, and return without spending anything but a little time.

In the end, I headed the "direct" route and went for Salks; I was seriously tempted by Fritz, Buchardt, Omega, Zu, Ascend. Many of these companies seemed great, but there I didn't see models quite small enough for my listening room (nearfield, desktop). The Salk reputation and build options and quality seemed decisive. I chose a standard veneer, so I have 30 days to change my mind.

Harbeth P3esr, Naim Uniti Atom and SVS sub.
Somewhat over your budget but I find it to be a fantastic combination.