Small drivers vs big drivers

Hi,
I have a question that is always in my mind recently. I see some speakers with small  drivers (5-9 inches) that is reviewed to be able to throw out big sound stage and go down to 18hz-20hz. Some other speakers with big drivers (10-15 inches) though are commented to have 'big sound stage' but can only go as low as 30-35hz. 

To make the situation more complicated, some speakers have small drivers but there are many of them. Can many small drivers be compensate for the size limitation?

I don't know which specs determine a wide sound stage and the ability to reach low frequencies.  What is the pros and cons of each design?

Thank you!

Huy.
Ag insider logo xs@2xquanghuy147
To clarify why, because the EP 3.0 is a large single concentric driver (same design as Tannoy). Compare prices

48hz provides plenty of oomph in most rooms. I am using their KCIIs in a 18 x 38 with vaulted open beam ceiling. Each speaker has 2 x 12 + a 10" concentric driver. It provides ample and very clean articulate bass. I have 2 SVS subs (one Ultra, and one Plus: they are turned off

hth
@tweak1:Thank you for clarification. I will audition them one day when I have a chance.

OK, I'm not an expert but in a review of a speaker with a 328mm base driver (12.9") it says the 2 speakers left and right together would output 1,060 square centimeters of air, while a speaker with 4 - 170mm drivers (6.7" ea. speaker, or 8 total speakers) would output 984 sq. centimeters of air.  Plus, the larger base driver lets you "feel" the base.  The review states that manufacturers moved to multiple bass drivers to avoid the crossover problems that are part and parcel of using a large diameter bass driver.  Another review of the same speaker lauded the large driver approach and claimed manufacturers have shoved the multiple driver approach down the consumer's throat and (I think thus may) have apparently sold this as  "more is better".  Now, I'm sure there are lots of tradeoffs involved and many variables, but another factor in this tradeoff is that the tall thin speakers have a smaller footprint in the living room where most are used and don't require extra cost stands.  When a speaker has a large bass driver it gets short and fat, taking up more square inches of floor space and which means it has to be raised to ear level.
Thank you @eisen0169!

With me, actually, I don't care much about the size of the speakers, I just need the sound. (My wife is going to kill me if she reads this :) )
Post removed