Sloppy, muted bass response on Hegel h190

Hi, I have a Hegel h190 integrated, a pair of Kef  104/2's from 1985 that have been rebuilt but I don't know whem, the speakers have new donuts and new silver Kef tweeter.  I mostly use the sonus connect.   Also I have a 15-year-old Sony sacd disc player. I'm getting low, sloppy bass when I play either cd or wifi.  This is the second amp.  The first one exhibited same issue.  Same amps.  New.

I only have one set of speakers.  I am thinking perhaps a capacitor in Kefs?  This amp should have solid punchy bass, but it is not there.  Speaker cables are blue jean 10 ga banana plugs.  IC are blue jean also.  I am at a loss. I heard the demo Hegel played on these components and it was fabulous.

any thoughts?  I hate to sell everything and start over, but I am at that point.
thank you
crossfree

Showing 1 response by everest_audio

The traits you're hearing are definitely not those of the Hegel H190. The bass and grip on the H190 is fantastic. Something else is definitely not right. I'm leaning towards the KEF, but there could be other issues at play. 

d2girls, your attempts at Hegel bashing on multiple threads are getting very old. Your comments have nothing to do with the original post.