Unfortunately, both have rather low fidelity.
When Sirius and XM combined, I hoped it would offer a wider music range, but it turned out to be the opposite.
I let my subscription expire years ago.
B
@gdnrbob, I agree their streaming quality is very low sound quality.  Maybe the combined SiriusXM and Pandora Company will offer uncompressed streaming options.   

And, maybe SiriusXM should also buy Tidal Steaming to give it some needed funds.  QoBuz is going to great competition to Tidal.  And, QoBuz offers 24-bit albums..   Interesting times.

SiriusXM sound quality is pitiful. Regular FM in the car is way better. SiriusXM has a few ads less, but still far from "no ads" and it costs to listen to it. This SiriusXM/Pandora deal seems like two companies with no bright future trying to become one company with bright future except it may not be easy to explain how and why. Many of SiriusXM subscribers are those who were forced an introductory service with a new car and, once that trial period expires and they decide not to continue with paid subscription, are stuck with a button they do not need for the remaining life of the car. And then, there are billing practices...
I am truly glad to hear that you all feel that Sirius' sound quality is awful.  Low bit-rate MP3 (like 64K low) is a good analogy.  I've noticed that stations that have fewer listeners get lower bandwidth, and hence, poorer sound.  The Jazz stations are almost un-listenable, as is the Sixties channel.