single disc sacd player for 300 used

Hi-
Im looking to try out sacd on a budget.
I would prefer a single disc player as I feel its more bang for the buck.
I know there arent many sacd's avaliable,especially in rock/metal but the list seems to be growing.I like the idea of sacd players being good for redbook too.
I am interested in the sony c-333es but its a 5 disc and the price for used is average $400 or so.Whats another sony sacd player 1 disc that would sound as good as a 333es?
Im sure I will get replies to skip sacd and get a standard CD player.Im open to suggestions.
I had a original Rega Planet and I want better sound so skip the planet recommendations please.I didnt like the transport lid at all either.
Thanks all!
Dave
david99

Showing 2 responses by rgd

David - my advice is to look for a 775 multi-disc player as for the life of me I can't think of a single disc SACD player at that price point in the US. The 775 is reported to be killer on both SACD and redbook given its very modest price and can be modded by someone like Matt Anker to bring it up to what is purported to be excellent for somewhere in the vicinity of $600 total. No connection to Matt as I own a "Kerned" 333ES cdp.

The only other unit that is single disc for cheap is the Sony XE670 unit that can still be found here in Canada in limited numbers for about $200 Cdn (about $130 US).

There are reports of new units around the corner so maybe if you have the patience tough it out until CES in January to see the new models.
HDM - tried to locate a XE-670 but not sure there are many left if any via Futureshop here in Canada (can't seem to locate it on their website). I thought I might see if it was worth modding and there is always the return policy if modders don't think the platform is any good.

I'm with Joe and love my 333ES - was very good in stock form but is heaven after mods.