single disc sacd player for 300 used

Hi-
Im looking to try out sacd on a budget.
I would prefer a single disc player as I feel its more bang for the buck.
I know there arent many sacd's avaliable,especially in rock/metal but the list seems to be growing.I like the idea of sacd players being good for redbook too.
I am interested in the sony c-333es but its a 5 disc and the price for used is average $400 or so.Whats another sony sacd player 1 disc that would sound as good as a 333es?
Im sure I will get replies to skip sacd and get a standard CD player.Im open to suggestions.
I had a original Rega Planet and I want better sound so skip the planet recommendations please.I didnt like the transport lid at all either.
Thanks all!
Dave
david99

Showing 2 responses by david99

Just to inform you all,I just sent payment of $220 inc. delivery for a NIB XE-670
I think its worth a listen.
Thank you all for your input!
Im leaning toward a Sony XE-670.I found 2 for sale for $250 each.Thats more then list but Ive been told its because they are hard to come by.
One seller told be he thought the XE-670 was basically a single drawer XE-555 ($1800 list)???
Also Ive been told the XE-670 blows the doors off the Planet in redbook.Of course thats just what Ive been told.I have to go by what others say.
Treija-Good to 'see' you again.Yes the 333 looks like the killer bargain but those damn 5 disc players make me wonder if most of the money goes into them and all the fancy programming you can do with them.
I dont need to program and never bothered and I only have 20 or so CD's to begin with.I like the basics of a single disc player and I do feel you get more for your money (dac).Remember I was once a vinyl-phile? I sold my entire collection of LP's and I'm now just beginning to want to kick myself in the ass for doing it.Someday again I will get back into vinyl but for now its time to explore the digital world.